CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Home sweet home

We've been currently parked for the last month in our hometown awaiting our next job and just taking some time off. My husband's job as a rig truck welder can be sporatic but profitable. We took a vacation out to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, San Diego Zoo, and to Hollywood. So we needed a vacation from our vacation.

We're in Texas now getting our new truck bed for the rig. We weren't able to bring our RV so we've been staying in a hotel for the last three days. My children have been great about it. They've been playing in the room and in the pool while we await for the truck bed to be finished. I would have rather been in my own house(rv) than staying in a hotel. The noise from neighbors, smelling smoke from the rooms down the hall, the microwave not working and not having my little fuzzies with us has been hard. There's just no place like home. We are picking up our rv this weekend and coming back to this little town. I really like this town we're in and hope we can aquire a job in this vicinity. I was born in Texas and although I don't remember living here it still holds a warm place in my heart. My husband was born and raised in Arkansas and never moved more than five miles from his parents home until two years ago. He really loves traveling and working in different locations as long as we're with him. He's not too much of a loner. I like that about him though.

We've reservations for a new campsite that was just built and we are really excited about staying there. Paved roads, a pool, shady trees, and a fishing pond it will be so much fun. I'll have to keep you posted on our new job and location.

No comments: