CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Your friend did what.....?

Having kids usually means you will at some point and time have to have birthday parties and sleep overs. In the past few years I have had my fair share. You can expect some rowdy kids, spills, broken items, lost items, and sometimes maybe even a small fire!When your child comes to you with that look (the one where they won't look you in the eye and they stay out of grabbing distance) you know something really bad has just happened.

Just recently my child invited another boy to spend the night with us while we were home from the road. Now I can trust my kids and since the boys are 10 I assumed they could stay inside and play while I mowed the yard. Boy was I mistaken. I had just gotten started good when my son come running out of the RV saying mom I need you NOW! Cutting off the mower I trotted to the camper not knowing what to expect. The unmistakable smell of burnt popcorn overwhelmed me as did the smoke coming from my microwave! My son's friend had tried to cook noodles without any water. After two minutes the noodles were burnt to a crisp. The "little darling" was laughing at the fact he had almost caught my microwave on fire and that the whole placed smelled to high heaven! Aghhh! All I could do was tell them both to go outside and play. It's been a week and our RV still smells!

On my son's 8th birthday he wanted to camp-out in a tent. We invited five boys. All of the kids were having a good time. They were wild and rambunctious but they were outside. My husband slept outside with them in his own tent while me and my daughter (and her friend) stayed in the house. I had just settled down for a movie when two of the boys came in looking like the kids from Lord of the Flies. One had hit the other one in the mouth with a full can of cola and knocked his tooth out. They were laughing about it! (The tooth was due to come out though.) The next morning after the boys were leaving and I was trying to clean up the disaster area I asked my son what his favorite part of the party was, his reply was..."When Lee took a dump in the backyard"! Right there under the tree house was a big pile of *&#^. Boys are so gross.

When these little friends do things that really are annoying and seem horrible I know that this is the time when I really can appreciate my own kids.

No comments: