CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 20, 2008

I only pretend to be an adult.

I've gotten fairly good at pretending to be an adult. I have a husband, kids, and pets that I take care of and I pull off being grown up pretty well. Bills are paid, medicine refilled, groceries bought and cooked, clothes washed, teeth brushed....you know...the "mom" drill. Of course you might not know that I eat marshmallow creme out of the jar, would rather watch cartoons than almost any other show, love kid books, and would love to own a Jump Zone just so I could play on them anytime I want. If you ask my best friend back home she'd tell you that I like to laugh, joke and loved to dress up on Halloween. She's somewhat the ultimate adult. Very serious and very stressed out. She surprised me one year when she dressed up at Halloween in a cow costume. Udders and all! It was great. We seem to balance each other pretty well. Of course, just to annoy her (and to amuse myself ), I would sing Veggie Tale songs at work. She still hates the Lip song. (See if you like it.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfxBRc9Ow_E)

All that being said....being a grown up stinks. Since we travel so much I don't get to see my friend much nor our family. Life has led us down the road (or roads) we're on and I have to make the best out of it. I love to travel and see this great country and I this is my chance. In all actuality my lifestyle is pretty great. I don't have a schedule, I spend quality time with my family and my family can experience new places.

No comments: