CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Traveling can be an adventure!

Well we packed up and headed southwest on Sunday. Although it was only a 6 1/2 hour drive it felt like 16 hours. We hadn't gotten 15 miles from home when we stopped to fill our tanks then start the trip. I decided to get something from the RV while we were stopped. I walked in and smelled the familiar smell of fingernail polish. Baffled, I looked around and discovered the pink nightmare. A bottle that had been neglectfully left out was broken all over the bathroom floor and tub. It had stained my new rug and new shower curtain. I was horrified but proceeded to clean the luscious pink polish in a frenzied attempt to contain order. I was unsuccessful at cleaning the fabrics but was successful in covering my hands in the pink enemy. By this time I was out of paper towels, polish remover, and my husband was wondering why I was taking so long in the RV. I emerged with my pink stained hands and severely aggravated mood. So much for starting the trip off right.


Another milestone for this trip was that we were taking our new cat on his second car ride ever. I had started him out in a carrier but quickly found that he definitely hated it. I decided to test the waters and let him out. He did wonderfully, at first. He laid in my lap or my daughter's lap but at some point he decided the best view was on my head rest and my shoulders. After driving for about two miles I finally dislodged him from his perch. For the next 4 hours he continued to try and reclaim the prized position. Now he's a laid back kind of cat so it wasn't that much of a free for all brawl but still fighting a cat while your traveling at 75 mph can be a bit hairy. He finally gave up and found a spot with the two dogs. (Here's a picture of Jinx chilling today.)Add Image
I guess when things like that happen to you that you should just learn to laugh at it or you'll go crazy. Here's to happy traveling!

2 comments:

Carolee Hollenback said...

Hi, I just found all the roadschooling families while reading homeschooling blogs.

I LOVE the idea of roadschooling!

We just stared homeschooling my 12 yr old this year.

Check out our blog:

http://princessderschool.blogspot.com/

Heat said...

I have horrifying dreams about new bed spreads, nail polish, and the "Mumma I thought it'd make stainglass" Another day with the joys of little girls. I recommend a mix of dabbing, cool rinse, germ-x, and that gritty orange hand cleaner. It worked with kilz and gymboree khaki pants (tags on). Dad wasn't always the most aware kid watcher. LOL We are living on the road with my travel rn hubby. Yet going apartment to apartment isn't workin' Now looking for that home on wheels. Any Advice?