CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Learning how to play an instrument....

Both my husband and I were in the school band from 6th grade through 12th grade, so we didn't expect to have much trouble teaching our kids how to play an instrument. Cade seemed to pick up the recorder and just teach himself but Emily had some trouble with her fingers covering the holes...we've upgraded this past year on Cade to a trumpet. He has really astonished me on how quickly he has learned and is so eager to devour as much information as possible. The only draw back is that trumpet is LOUD in our RV...lol! Emily has gotten much better on the recorder and has shown an interest in playing the piano. We keep a keyboard around so that Cade can keep his pitches right and Emily can bang around and have fun as well as learn. I'm amazed at how much kids are eager to learn on their own. A little prodding by me helps to keep them going after they hit that brick wall of hard times.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

I can't wait to start my kids on an instrument! My husband plays guitar but we are both thinking of starting our daughter on piano (keyboard) for basics and learning to read music. Thanks for some encouragement to do so!

I'm glad you started blogging again! We have alot in common! Not many families with littles homeschool AND RV!!